Nerdic is aware of the privacy concerns of its customers. Our policy for collecting and using personal information is detailed below.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Privacy and data security are a top priority at Nerdic. We have implemented policies designed to address GDPR and help us better protect your information.
Nerdic collects information about its Customers from Customers. The data that we collect include:
- Payment information provided by the Customer is collected and processed by Braintree (a PayPal company) in accordance with PCI DSS guidelines and may be tokenized for future use depending on the services.
- Nerdic collects information that is not personally identifiable to the user, such as referring URL addresses, time spent in certain areas of Nerdic’s website or plugin, actions taken while on Nerdic’s website, and origination of the user.
- Certain information such as your IP address, browser type, and access times may also be collected.
- To receive products and services sold or provided by Nerdic, contact information is required for billing, communicating about the services, and to perform the services.
- Nerdic collects some data about your YouTube channel as permitted by YouTube’s Terms of Service for use by our tools.
We use information that we collect that Customer’s provide to us, including any personal information to:
- Present our website and its contents to our Customers
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between the Customer and us.
- To notify Customers of any changes to our website or any products and services that we offer or provide through it.
- To provide notifications regarding the Customer’s services, accounts, fulfillment of transactions, information about Nerdic’s websites, service changes, special offers, legal notices, and newsletters.
- To display your channel thumbnail, company logo, or name on our website or advertisements for marketing purposes (you may opt out by emailing [email protected] or updating your privacy settings on linked channels).
- For any other purposes with your consent.
Nerdic may use the information and data submitted by users and customers for any other purposes related to Nerdic’s business that is compatible with the purposes for which your information was collected by Nerdic, including, but not limited to, conducting market research, improving its products and services, sending surveys, and notifying customers of product upgrades and updates, new products, special offers, seminars and conventions and any other changes within Nerdic that may affect customers and users.
Third parties with whom Nerdic Shares Information
Nerdic’s policy in relation to information collected through registration, testing, and/or any other means is to respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of our users. Nerdic does not disclose, rent, or sell email addresses or any other information that we may receive to any third party, unless:
- requested by the customer;
- in response to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings where disclosure of such data has been requested or required; or
- to an agent of Nerdic acting on behalf of Nerdic (e.g., for database hosting, data processing or mailing services). In this case, Nerdic will make certain that the agent complies with the GDPR and our commitments in this policy.
Privacy Policies of 3rd Parties We Integrate With
- Applies to All Customers – YouTube API Terms of Service
Access to Information
Nerdic understands the importance of maintaining accurate information. Data subjects may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Access – Nerdic will provide Customers with the Personal Data collected in association with their account.
- Right to Rectification – Nerdic allows Customers to update their information on the Nerdic website.
- Right to Erasure: Customers may choose to remove information collected by Nerdic
- Right to be informed – Nerdic will inform the Customer of the Personal Data collected by Nerdic.
- Right to Object – A contact at a Customer may object to Nerdic processing his/her data.
- Right to Restrict Processing – a contact at a Customer may restrict Nerdic’s processing of personal data.
- Right to Data Portability – a contact at a Customer may request that their Personal Data be moved to another company.
- Right to be Informed – a contact at a Customer may request to be informed about the completion of rectification, erasure (before the erasure takes place), or restriction of processing within 30 days of the request.
If you would like to exercise one of these rights, please contact us by email at [email protected]. Nerdic will respond to the request within thirty (30) days.
Nerdic retains information for as long as an account is active or as needed to provide the services requested by the Customer. Nerdic will also retain information as needed to comply with legal or tax obligations, comply with industry regulations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Privacy Questions or Complaints
You can direct any questions or complaints about the use or disclosure of your Personal Data to us at [email protected]. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of your Personal Data within 30 days of receiving your complaint.
Nerdic maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Nerdic to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the user profile page. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions, or by following the opt-out instruction in the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Nerdic as a result of a(n) product purchase, account updates, product service experience, service expiration, or other transactions.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, request to limit the disclosure of your personal information, or issue a complaint, contact us at [email protected]
Effective Date: May 25, 2018